Enter March Madness: STF Fills Its Calendar With Area Event Sponsorships
Regardless of what the weather may do in the next few weeks, the hibernation of winter is officially over. The fields are starting to see some activity, our construction site is making significant progress on its exterior, and the area schools and athletic teams are warming up for another great season of sports and academic achievement.
When the Sioux City Public Schools Foundation approached us to sponsor their “Are You Smarter Than Our Fourth Graders?” Fundraiser, we couldn’t resist. Hosted on March 17th (arguably one of the luckiest days of the year), we feel pretty fortunate to participate, no matter how much we all still have to learn. If you would like to get tickets, please visit here.
Of course, if we’re going to sponsor such an event, it’s only fair we get to work in a practice round for our efforts. Let’s see how well you do with this extremely biased pop-quiz.
• According to German tradition, what food is eaten on Christmas Eve to prevent evil and promote prosperity in the coming year?
• What has historically been the most widely eaten meat in the world?
• What industry currently supports 550,000 jobs in the United States alone?
• What meat has more protein than chicken while being almost as lean (while still boasting plenty of zinc, iron, and B-vitamins)?
• What is the secret to life as we know it?
Kept getting the same answer for each one? So did we! Just one more way pork proves to one of the most versatile meats on the planet.
We have several other community events on our calendar, including the sponsorship of the big NAIA basketball tournament on March 14th, with a 60” 4K Television Giveaway! We’ll be there to cheer on the teams in high definition, will you?